29 Sep Ways to Keep Tenants Happy
If you have great tenants in your rental properties, you want to do everything you can to keep them happy, so they stay. Good tenants pay rent on time, don’t destroy the unit or property, communicate clearly and effectively, let you know about problems immediately, and don’t cause problems with other tenants, etc.
For this article, our team at Watermarke Management Group will share ways to help you keep good-quality tenants by keeping them happy. If you do not have time to properly manage your building or tenants, you will likely lose your good tenants – that’s where we come in. Our team can assist you with managing your rental property and dealing with all tenant affairs.
Here are some ways you can keep tenants happy in your property:
- Be friendly and professional.
- Maintain a business relationship with your tenants.
- Make paying rent easy. Allow them to pay rent through mobile apps or online bank transfers, if possible.
- Make your tenants aware of your availability and how to reach you. Let them know what to do in case of emergency situations.
- Be a good communicator. With good communication, you can figure out solutions to tenants’ problems quickly.
- Show care and concern for the tenants’ problems and issues.
- Get to know your tenants on a personal level. They will feel more comfortable if you know some basic information about them whenever you speak to each other.
- Respond to calls or requests in a timely manner, especially with emergency situations. Whether a lockout or a burst pipe, respond quickly so the tenant doesn’t get frustrated with you or is kept from living in the unit. If you don’t respond, they will think you don’t care. A good response time lets them know you care.
- Take care of your building. Fix, paint, and clean things as needed. With a poorly maintained building, tenants will feel uncomfortable, dirty, and embarrassed to rent from you. You want to have tenants who are proud of where they live but also have a place where future good tenants want to move into.
- Ask tenants for suggestions on what can be improved in the building or with your services. Your tenants will feel heard and respected if you listen to their needs and start tackling the issues.
- Keep promises you made to the tenants.
Work with a Jacksonville Property Management Company
A landlord/owner’s job is a busy one, and it can be hard to keep up with tenants, especially if you own multiple properties. A property management company is a great solution to your problem. Our team knows how to find, talk to, and manage tenants so that they will be happy in your property. Our attention will be focused on your property and tenants.
From getting a door lock fixed to emergency calls, we know how to work with tenants. Our property management experts at WaterMarke Management Group have more than 15 years of combined experience in property management, tenant services, and working with tenants and leases.
We handle and offer day-to-day operations, 24/7 service, annual inspections, communication with tenants, collect rent, handle tenant disputes, and more.
We know how to manage properties, attract good tenants, and manage luxury properties, like yours, to keep your investment running smoothly.
If you’re looking for a property manager in Jacksonville, FL, let our team at WaterMarke assist you in finding and managing your tenants and property. We look forward to working with you!
Call us at 904-221-8850 for more information, or visit our property management Jacksonville FL contact page to get started with us.